Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nerdish11

Introducing myself to the citrus gang

nerdish11
10 years ago

Hello everyone,
My name is Jeremy or you can can call me Nerdish :P I live in Oklahoma City and have just moved here recently from Texas. I have had my unknown variety potted lemon tree for a year and it's blooming for the first time (so exiciting!). My girlfriend and I will be adding house plants in the near future and was wanting to get some ideas on what to grow. I love the idea of potted trees but have never heard of a potted apple, orange, cheery ect... tree. Not its important because I also live fragrant flowers but I'm a bit of a newbie green thumb and don't know where to start. I have a small flower garden out front (morning-noon sun) that I planted a very fragrant crinum lily that I have fallen in love with as well as some beautiful Texas star hibiscus to surround the black diamond crepe myrtles( red and white). This year we will be adding some hybrid day lilies to surround the front to fill in a lot of the gaps. If any of this doesn't makes since please let me know. Not sure if the crepe myrtles can go in the same soil as day lilies. Come to think about it this sounds like a discussion meant for another forum. So back to the original question of what other potted fruits can I take into consideration for purchase for our new home?

Comments (3)