Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandie_35

Yellow spots on new Meyer lemon tree

brandie_35
9 years ago

Hello,

I recently received the Meyer lemon crate from William Sonoma for a Christmas present. I was very excited for this gift, as I have 2 other citrus trees already, and wanted more to add to my collection.

Upon arrival of the lemon crate, I was very please with the crate itself and the other items in it, beside the tree.

I noticed the leaves have yellow spots all over them and are not in good shape. I've looked up what this could mean, and I've found a variety of answers, most explaining that I have an infestation of some sort of pest. (Weather it be spider mites, or scale, I am not sure which)

I found out that the 3rd party who this tree was coming from was four wind growers in CA. I was very excited, as what I've read online about them has all been positive. My tree however is not in good shape. The other lemon and lime tree I have are in great shape with good leaf coloring, and I've managed to keep them pest free. I will be very upset if this new tree spreads its disease to my other trees.

I purchased my other trees from smaller sites from which I would of expected to receive a tree like this. But those came great while this one is definitely not happy!

Can anyone tell from looking at the picture I attached what is affecting my tree and what I can to to fix it.

Thanks!

Thanks

Comments (5)