Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dszwed

Help! Dying Eureka Tree

dszwed
9 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me! I've had my Eureka tree for about a year and a half and recently it's lost all of its leaves and I've noticed the branches turning from green to brown. Shortly before the leaf drop,I noticed that the leaves were turning brown around the edges and some yellowing from the centre outwards. I thought maybe it was salt burn so I flushed the pot well and added some magnesium in case it was a deficiency (some of the leaves were light green with very dark veins). This is my first tree and it was doing okay, but never excellent. It had never yielded a ton of fruit and it always seemed to drop a lot of fruit very early on. I should also preface that I live in northern Ontario where the winters are very cold and summers are very hot. Last winter my tree was very healthy and I didn't seem to have any issues with humidity or anything else. I watered it as needed and used a foliar spray and it did quite well. I am so sad that it appears to be dying. I have been reading online about repotting it because it may have root rot. The soil is still quite damp after the flushing (2 weeks ago) and now I'm worried that it has been overwatered and can't dry out. If this is what I've done, can I repot while it's in distress? Also, if the branches have already started turning brown, can I revive it?

Comment (1)