Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is It Safe to Spray Foliage Pro on the Fruit?

Posted by GadgetVictim 11 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 1:34

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum. I live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu (Zone 11, or Sunset Zone H2). I started growing citrus trees about a year ago. Like many of you, started with two trees, and now I�m up to about 30+ trees (lemons, limes, mandarins, grapefruits, pommelo), purchased locally and on-line (FWG).

I have citrus growing both in-ground and in-pots. I�ve not had any success with the various fertilizers I�ve been using e.g.; (Vigoro citrus & avocado, Miracle Gro Organic) purchased at the local HD store. So, after reading all the positive comments on this forum about Foliage Pro, I purchased a gallon via eBay ($47 + free shipment). Now, I have several questions for the more experienced users of Foliage Pro:

For foliar application:
The instruction on the package does not provide any info on recommended or optimum/safe to apply frequency (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly)? How often should/can I spray my tress via the recommended foliar dosage per the FP label.

There is no information or caution on spraying FP on the fruits. How long before harvesting can the tree be sprayed? Are there any spraying precautions wrt the fruit that should be taken?

For in-soil application:
I understand most of the people on this forum us FP for their potted citrus plants. I�m applying FP to both my potted and in-ground citrus trees. So, if anyone else is using FP for in-ground plants, I would really like to hear from you

Mahalo, Gadget
FYI: It may be too early to tell for sure, but trees seems to have perked with brighter foliage and new growths.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is It Safe to Spray Foliage Pro on the Fruit?

Aloha! My grandpa lives in Ka'a'awa :-)

I would not use Foliage Pro for in-ground plants, personally. I'd save it for the containers, and get a good granular. If you're in a rainy part of the island, you might want to apply lighter doses more frequently throughout the year.

I've never really been a fan of foliar spraying, and I don't know what the safety issues might be. I'm sure you could email Dyna Gro and they'll give you all the details.

Josh

o
RE: Is It Safe to Spray Foliage Pro on the Fruit?

Josh,
Thanks, I'll contact dyna gro on that question.

Kaaawa is located on the opposite side of the Koolau mountain range from me. As the crow flies, its about 10 miles. By car, its about 30 miles. Kaaawa is situated on the beautiful/rainy windward side of the island. I'm located on the leeward side of the island on a hill overlooking Pearl Harbor, and can see the Arizona Memorial from my house.
Mahalo Nui Loa,
Barry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here