Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So it was a Calamondin, not a Kumquat. Wow!

Posted by kumquats (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 7:57

Thanks to you all; Mike. John, Pug and Andrew.

During my many hours of research using your tips, I discovered that it might not be a Kumquat that I am looking for to replace what I had. The Calamondin, Citrus Mitis, has the same description with the distinct characteristic of blooming often thoughout the year. As I viewed plant images and descriptions of this plant, it was as if my plant was on display. I now have to get one of these plants.

I will be posting under Calamondin for plants and seeds. A couple of growers offered plants at $13 to $20 for 2-3 year old plants, others at $60-$100 for larger plants. The lower priced were all out of stock. On E-bay, there were a number of $2.99 plus $3.00 for shipping for five seeds available.

I am going to find some plants in this forum as mine had many babies or get seeds from this site.

So who has Calamondin plants or seeds?

Thanks for the help.

Tim

My E-mail if you would like to contact me directly:
tgould01@verizon.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So it was a Calamondin, not a Kumquat. Wow!

Hello Tim,
I am very happy that you found out that you were looking for a calomondin. I know how frustrating that can be. I would like to give you a little advice though on buying it. I know that sometimes people want to buy a larger tree but sometimes you are really better off buying a smaller tree, especially if you are growing in a pot. I think smaller trees adjust better then larger trees do. Good luck and I hope you find what you want.
Andrew

o

You can usually find calamondins at the citrus shops along I-75. Also, try Jene's in St. Pete http://www.tropicalfruit.com/, or Just Fruits and Exotics http://www.justfruitsandexotics.com/ or Briteleaf http://www.briteleaf.com/

o

Tim, what do you have to trade? Email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here