Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introduction

Posted by caesar.augusts none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 7:57

Hi everyone
I just joined this forum. I live in Panama city Fl. Currently have a Meyers lemon, first year, 3 ft, in a pot. Loaded with blossoms.
Question: what is a good ratio for fruit per inch of limb? I usually remove fruit to one for each 3-5 inches of limb.

Also have a Persian Lime 2 yr, loaded with fruit it set in October. I have removed over 100 fruit from the tree already and it keeps blossoming. Will this thing ever stop?

Richard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introduction

Well, both cultivars tend to be very heavy and prolific producers, so a little thinning is helpful. I also tend to fertilize both my Meyer and my Bearss lime a little more heavily than the rest of my citrus for that reason. And will the blooming stop? Yes, to some degree, but both usually continue to bloom nearly year 'round. Especially the Meyer lemon.

Patty S.

o
RE: Introduction

In the first year, for a tree that size I would not leave more than 6 or 7 lemons spaced around the tree; if you leave more than that, the tree will "forget" to grow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here