Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
buy sour orange seeds

Posted by PULSEMED zone 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 9:46

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE I CAN OBTAIN SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS TO USE IN GROWING ROOTSTOCKS.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buy sour orange seeds

Have you tried any local Asian markets. My local Korean markets are loaded with them at this time of year. I have germinated them form store bought fruit--they are easier than sweet oranges in my opinion.

o

Would you happen to live in Texas? We have at least two sour orange trees growing in our orchard that are covered in fruit. I'd be happy to send you some seeds if you live in Texas as I can't ship citrus material outside of the state.

o

i live in texas... if you're still offering, i'd love to have some seeds aslan89

o

Ok sure, just send me a message with your address and I'll send you some.

o

I AM NEW TO GARDENWEB AND POSTING THESE MESSAGES. I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE GOING TO. I AM STARTING A SMALL FRUIT ORCHARD IN MY BACK YARD AND WILL HAVE ROOTSTOCK MATERIAL FOR ANY TYPE OF FRUIT TREE EXCEPT CITRUS. I HAVE MOST TYPES OF CITRUS, BUT NO ROOTSTOCKS. MY NURSERY SAID IF I COULD GET SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS, I COULD GROW THE SOUR ROOTSTOCKS JUST AS THEY DID, THEY JUST DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I COULD BUY THE SOUR ORANGE SEEDS IN SMALL QUANTITIES. ASIAN89 SAID THAT THEY WOULD SEND ME SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS AND I APPRECIATE THAT. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO RESPOND BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF E-MAIL I AM USE TO. THANKS TO ALL WHO CAN HELP. I WILL HELP IN RETURN IF I HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT.

KEN McRAE
202 MOBILE DRIVE
TYLER, TEXAS 75703
(903) 561-9420

o

aslan89,

Do you still have any seeds available?

o

Hello aslan89,
Do you still have any of the sour orange seeds available? I have been looking online and in local garden centers for some sour orange rootstock seeds, but have not found any in small quantities. I would like to try my hand at grafting and I would like to grow to rootstock from seed which is why I'm asking. I live in Texas. Thank you for your time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here