Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
starlightbotanist

Considering buying first citrus(containerized) looking for advice

Starlight Botanist
10 years ago

I have really enjoying following the likes of mike, josh and everyone else on here with there great citrus trees and have decided its time to get one. :-)

I have been experimenting growing from seed with lemon and mandarin seeds, just for fun, but I want to cut to the chase and get a tree ready to fruit, and give fruit of good quality.

I would love a tree that will be naturally dwarfed as I will be moving it outside for summer and wintering it in a sun room. Being containerized, a small size is important.

Secondly I would like it to be a mandarin/clementine type, with small, sweet fruit. I have never liked any citrus of pomelo ancestry, i can even get a hint of their taste in oranges. Eventually I want to get a lemon or meyer lemon, I love to use them for cooking, however, for my first tree i want fruit to eat right off the branch.

So any suggestions as for a type or supplier of tree, or anything else I should know is welcome.

PS: I am plan to have a container up to 5 gallons(more if needed), with 5-1-1 using dynamite + FP. I live in the southeast, north of atlanta, in a zone 7B.

THANKS!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert