Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilizing on Valentines Day

Posted by cayden none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 14:33

Just wondering how many of my fellow Tucsonans are planning on fertilizing their citrus trees on Valentine's day.

The extended forecast has us dropping to 31 on the 20th.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilizing on Valentines Day

Arriving back in Tucson for a couple of weeks beginning the 18th. May have to delay a week or so for the first application of fertilizer to my citrus. Will watch the forecast carefully. Last potential frost should be very near. They always seem to enjoy that little shot of energy at the beginning of the growing season!

o

I just finished today putting fertilizer on 16,000 Meyers; growth will begin in the next 10-20 days, followed soon after by blooms. At the same time we are doing hedge pruning of the rows; so that new growth will be promoted and new fruits will appear at the sides of the rows. Of course we don't have to deal with frost; but Meyers are quite tolerant of cold down to 28 F; and most other citrus are not too far off from that.

o

Wow, John that sure seems like a task!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here