Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
meyer lemon tree

Posted by ralph31558 z8GA (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 14:38

i have had my tree for the passed two years, it has not given me any lemons as yet. It produced lots of flowers last year and looked like there were lemons comming out but they all fell off. as the cooler weather came in i brought the tree into the garage for protection, i also made shure it did not dry up, but the leaves started to fall off, now it is bare, and the tips of the branches are turning brown and drying up. What can i do? I set the tree outside to enjoy the warm weather we had, Hope to save this tree.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: meyer lemon tree

Hey, Ralph, what sort of soil mix and container is the Meyer in?
What temperatures was it exposed to while in the garage? Also, how much
light was it receiving in the garage?

Josh

o

hi greenman, I had my tree in and out of the garage, i would bring it out during the day if it was mild weather and bring it in at night, the temp in the garage had to be at least 35-40 deg during the winter monthts. and the soil i had used was garden soil that is used for raised beds Miracal grow).

o

Those temps don't sound too bad. Most citrus should certainly be able to tolerate those temps.

Since you mention that the soil is garden soil/raised bed soil, I must suspect that the root-zone is
staying too moist. I recommend re-potting into a more appropriate mix....unfortunately, the tree
probably has very little vitality left, being leafless and with branches dying.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here