Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 new additions to citrus collection.

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 15:09

Hi Guys!

I know it has been some time since I posted here and I apologize for that. I did miss this forum and all the friends I have here.

I visited a large multi faceted greenhouse business in Erie, PA. For people that live in the area, they do sell some truly awesome tropicals!

The owner Jim goes to this plant conference every year and he brings back some really nice tropicals. One particular type of tropicals he brings back is citrus.

He must have had at least 20 diffrent types and varieties of citrus. I saw trees in 1gal pots, 3 and 5gal pots, up to 30 gal trees!

I decided on a small navel in a 1 gal pot for $17.85 and then a Dwarf Meyer lemon in a 3 gal pot. The tree is very full, and measures about 15 inches tall and wide.

Both trees came loaded with flowers and small fruits. The navel is done blooming now with 9 or 10 small fruits. I don't think I will let them get too much bigger. I think it's probobly best to remove them now.

I am very excited about both trees. I figure they need about a week to acclimate to there new enviroment beforeI can repot.

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 new additions to citrus collection.

So, where are the pictures my friend! And where is my return e-mail?:-)

It's good to see you agin buddy and wait until you see how well my plants are doing!:-)
Please stick around Andrew and I hope the back is doing ok.

Mike:-)

o

Welcome back, Andrew!
I second Mike's request for pics...you know how we love pics ;-)

Josh

o

Hi guys,
I need to replace my digital camera..maybe I can get a cell phone pic but they really don't look that great.

Hi Mike,
I did email you...you might want to check your email and then get back to me if it still isn't there. I think I emailed you yesterday or the day before. I had quite a busy week last week.

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the warm welcome back! Give me a little bit and I will see what I can do with thosep ictures.

Take care,
Andrew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here