Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seagoatgirl

Bouquet de Fleurs sour orange tree

westgirl
10 years ago

Hi, This question is for Patty, or anyone else who may be growing a Bouquet de Fleurs sour orange tree. Have you noticed that it likes/needs anything more than other citrus? More sun? More heat? I bought one almost two years ago and at first it did well (inside, in the winter, in Seattle) and then it slowly got unhappy. It definitely had spider mites that I found challenging to get rid of due to the shape of the leaves, but I think that problem was solved last year. Last summer I thought it must have root rot and prepared to transplant, only to discover a very healthy root system - so I put it back in the same pot. It's been in my greenhouse (unheated except for Xmas lights) this winter and has been losing leaves. It looks very pathetic now, and it was once so lovely. Any suggestions? I'm also wondering about the pot - it's sort of a cast-fiber concrete looking pot and I read recently that concrete leaches lime into soil. I had been prepared to transplant it into a plastic pot, but when I saw the lovely root system, I figured it was best to keep it where it was. Right now, this tree is my "problem child" so I'm looking for ways (short of moving to CA) to make it as happy as Patty's beautiful tree. Suggestions?
Thanks!

Comment (1)