Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Australian Finger Lime.

Posted by zecowsay NY (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 19:28

Has anyone tried growing this as a container tree? I'm just getting back into citrus after losing all but one of my trees to a freak summer freeze last year, and I read that this is an understory tree and should be able to take shade better than other citrus. My lighting inside isn't ideal so this would be a good thing if true. Does anyone have success with overwintering this inside?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Australian Finger Lime.

I'd love to find one! They're pretty new. Have you been growing it? I found some finger limes at a specialty store, but they were in a plastic package, $5.00 or so per pound, and they were all totally black and rotted. So much for my idea of growing them from seed.

o
RE: Australian Finger Lime.

I do, or have one anyway, at the house at least. I attached a picture of my water table with T5 grow light, the Aussie is in the back. It is new and adjusting to the new environment but showing no signs of stress. Watering it very little because of smaller root base and it's really wet at the bottom. Only watered 1 time in 2 weeks until it acclimates.

My lighting system really sent the Imp. Meyer Lemon into overdrive but I am experiencing a few issues of my own and will be posting concerning that. I am excited about the Aussie but we shall see how it goes. Cool forum and glad I found some fellow Citrus-Steves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here