Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garret_87

Meyer in fridged north east, and ripening question

garret_87
10 years ago

I live in the north east, zone 6, and this winter has been the worst I have seen in several years. Storm after storm and week after week of below freezing temperatures! Anyone else sick of this?

Surprisingly my Meyer Lemon is doing stellar this winter. Average temp in my place is 75-80 degrees and two humidifiers. With the weather so bad outside, I can rejoice that my indoor garden is happy and healthy. This is my 4th winter with the tree, and I feel like I understand how to grow it much better now.

Im getting a little impatient though. I have 10 lemons danging on the tree that seem like they have been green forever. December they started turning a pale green, but now nothing. The earliest pic of these baby lemons is from July 20th last year, i will post pic, and they must have been flowers a month or 2 months before that. Any ideas on why its taking so long, or are they coming right on time? "A watched pot never boils" comes to mind. Also, how are other people in the north east faring this winter with their citrus?

Comments (4)