Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redecoratingmom

To prune or not to prune...

redecoratingmom
12 years ago

that's the question that's been rolling around in my brain lately. First let me say a big THANK YOU to Josh, Mike and Everyone who has helped me out with your suggestions. I took your advice and began fertilizing with FP and things have been amazing ever since. Exactly one week after I fertilized for the first time shoots of new growth came up on practically every branch. Yep, the same variegated pink lemon that hated me and that had done nothing for the last few months besides drop leaves is actually thriving. I was down to the last 31 leaves (that's right...I counted) and now the count is closer to 50! This may seem like small beans to some of you but its a big deal to me :).

So that brings me to my question. During that sad time of leaf drop, one branch that is about 18in long lost all of its leaves except one (about 7in from trunk). That same branch has the beginnings of new growth forming at the tip. Should I use this opportunity to cut the branch back to just above that lone leaf so that new growth will sprout from there and make a fuller branch? Does that make sense?

Comments (5)