Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
badmax

Help! My tree is being eaten alive!

badmax
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am having some big problems with my mango tangerine tree and I hope you can help.

I got the tree in October and it's been in my solarium since then. About a month ago, I decided to turn it around so that it would face the sun a different way and that's when the problems started.

First, I'd say about 90% of the leaves fell off in the first two weeks. A significant number of those remaining show signs of what I think is sunburn.

Second, there is sticky residue everywhere! I've noticed this before the leaves dropped but now it's a lot more visible. I've done some research and it seems that this is because of aphids? I've read that you should use soap or oil but... use it how exactly? Should I just get a wet cloth with soap and wipe down the tree? It's freezing outside and it's pretty big so hosing it down is not an option.

Third, there's small cobwebs between the branches! They are also sticky. Is this because of the aphids too?

I bought the tree from a reputable dealer and it was sprayed with pesticide before I got it. I've been watering it every 2-3 weeks as I read this was the required frequency in winter.

I took some pictures, please see the link below.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Gb4xnBVc1zZVFuaVd4a1FDNXc&usp=sharing

Is it still possible to save my tree? This looks pretty serious but I'm hoping I can nurse it back to health.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree Pictures

Comments (2)