Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Citrus Tree Care

Posted by aluzya 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 9:43

I currently have a Dwarf Lisbon Lemon tree which is doing great! I wanted to get an Orange, Pineapple, Banana and Lime trees as well (all dwarf). I've done some research about each one of them for care, but I keep getting some conflicting information sometimes. If anyone could give me some general care on one or all of these trees it would be greatly appreciated!
I was also wondering how long is a few months for a lemon to ripen. I received the Lemon tree as a house warming gift and it already had two lemons on it. That was about 1.5 months ago and they have yet to ripen. Is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Citrus Tree Care

Citrus ripen (from bloom to picking) in about 9 months (more or less).

o

basic care for almost all container citrus is this

provide a very good draining soil, visit the container forum for some great mixes
provide full sun, minimum 6-8 hours
water when nearly dry, overwatering will cause root rot quickly
fertilize regularly with a soluble brand at about a 3:1:2 ratio of NPK with minors if possible if not add them separately. Foliage Pro has everything citrus wants and makes fertilizing easy. Many here love it, you dont have to have it just make it easier. Some people add a bit of white vinegar when they water to lower the PH. citrus prefer a slightly acidic soil.
try and maintain a soil temperature above 55 for active growth in winter. if this is difficult to do in winter then you should back off of the watering a lot and decrease the amount of light to avoid winter leaf drop

And most important, dont be afraid to ask questions we love to help out

oh and we all love to see pics of members trees, especially if you have issue because we can diagnose them must easier.

good luck
Mike

o

Wow Mike. Not bad:-)

Your trees certainly show us you that you are doing a great job.

Mike

o

Thanks mike

I just share everything you have taught me. Learned from the best :)

o

Great. Thanks for the care information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here