Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grace_mpls

Meyer Lemon Tree Trouble

grace_mpls
10 years ago

Hello,

I'm trying to grow my first citrus tree. I bought an Improved Meyer Lemon tree two weeks ago and have had some major ups and downs with it since then. I've read a lot of forums but am having trouble figuring out what my tree's problem is -- I'm hoping with the attached photos someone may be able to help. It has a few problems:

I live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota - so the tree suffered a bit of frost damage during shipment. The top leaves are curled - I think it will pull through from this - but am wondering if I should prune the branches that have damaged/missing leaves?

My apartment gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight at day so I am trying to supplement with some lights. I purchased a couple of "daylight" compact flourescent bulbs and have theme shining on the tree - are these the best bulbs for my situation or should I look at a different option? I did see improvement a few days after I started using the bulbs...but then....

In the last two days the plants bottom leaves have started to yellow and drop. I read in forums that this could be due to overwatering or a mineral deficiency. I just fertilized with a citrus fertilizer with high nitrogen content 5 days ago and I have been very careful not too overwater. So hoping someone can take a look at the photos and let me know your thoughts.

I've also been running a humidifier in it's room frequently and have been misting the leaves daily as the indoor heat is probably a bit dry for the plant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Grace

Comments (3)