Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone In Houston TX Area, Looking for a favor

Posted by aslan89 9b TX (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 11:14

Does anyone on here live in the Houston area that might be willing to ship me a citrus plant? I just happened upon a nursery yesterday online that carries the Page Mandarin here in Texas. "Buchanan's Native Plants" 611 E 11th Street Houston, Texas 77008

I do live in Texas btw, I'm not asking for anything illegal like shipping out of state lol. I just happen to live about 6 hours away and simply can't go get one myself. I'm a verified paypal user and I would be more than happy to pay in advance if you use paypal.

If anyone is willing to help let me know here, I check the forums several times a day. You can also email me at Aslan89@gmail.com

This is literally the only place I have ever seen that carries the Page Mandarin, I didn't even know it was in Texas but I guess someone got the budwood :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone In Houston TX Area, Looking for a favor

If you have no luck I might be able to get you one.

o

Well no luck yet :( It wouldn't hurt to give it a day or two though. I emailed the nursery yesterday and told them where I lived and I would very much appreciate it if they could ship me one and I would be happy to pay any costs but I have not heard back yet. They will most likely say no since they are not a mail order business but I asked very nicely so you never know.

Do you have access to a Page Mandarin where you live?

o

I just purchased one the other day at a big box store, they only have 2-3 left. They're fairly large about 5ft tall including the pot. It's a 3 gallon. I could get you one but I'm trying to figure out how to stick it in a box and ship it.

o

Thats a good question, I found a place online where I can get a tall box (14x14x49) If the plant could fit at four feet. I saw one on another site that was 10x10x60 which would be ok for height as long as the plant isn't too bushy and could have its branches fit.

If you wouldn't mind the trouble you could buy the plant for me now while they have them and I could order the special box online and just have it sent to you for shipping the plant if you give me your address.

It's up to you though, I hate to ask all this because I know its a pain but I would so very much appreciate it. If you are willing to do this send me an email so that your info isn't posted for everyone on the forum. My email is Aslan89@gmail.com and thats asLan not asian as some people think haha.

This post was edited by aslan89 on Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 20:37

o

Btw I saw it mentioned online that people go to Home Depot and Lowe's and just ask nicely and they will give you a big box. Worst come to worst though I can special order some, it's just a little pricey.

o

If anyone else has access to one let me know :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here