Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for an Etrog Citron in the LA/SoCal area

Posted by deadorinjail (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 12:28

(Sorry for the repost - I posted in the California section and only got one response that didn't pan out, so I thought I'd try again here)

I've already got a Buddha's Hand (as well as nearly 30 other varieties of citrus), and am having trouble locating an Etrog. I've already tried San Gabriel/Mimosa/Green Arrow/Durlings/Sego and come up with nothing. Four Winds isn't selling them mail-order this year.

Has anyone actually seen one lately? As it always seems to happen, I feel like they're always around, and now that I need one, there's none. Any leads are much appreciated.

Best,
Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for an Etrog Citron in the LA/SoCal area

Have you contacted Monterey Bay Nursery (a wholesaler, but will tell you where you can purchase their trees at your local retail nursery) as well as Sperling's?

Patty S.

o

You can try Gotetrog.com, I purchased from them in the past but it was in season. try contacting them to see if they have any available now.

Here is a link that might be useful: gotetrog.com

o

Dave - did you ever find one?

I live in LA/SoCal and am looking for an Etrog Citron too...

Thanks
Raja

o

Raja, Bay Flora and Four Winds do sell the Etrog Citron, but I think they're both out of stock at the moment. I see that Fours Wind's cart has a "Notify Me" option, so you might want to use that, and certainly an email to both companies to find out when this cultivar will be available should get you an answer.

Patty S.

o

I've got several Etrog/citron seedlings here in Baltimore. I'd trade one for a Budda's hand, if you're still looking.

o

Rav, you cannot ship citrus into the state of California (or any other citrus state, due to disease restrictions).

Patty S.

o

Why not try growing from seed. I have several seedlings I planted last year and the year before. At least you know the tree won't be grafted and after five years you should have plenty of fruit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here