Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6

Posted by Randy31513 8-b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 13:31

I buy this Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6 at Lowes and I have very good success with it here in South Ga.

If you can't find a good fertilizer locally then it can be delivered i think to your local store free I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowes Sunnuiland

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6

Does it include all of the micro-nutrients, as well?

Or do you have to supply those with another fertilizer?

Josh

o

Josh, you got me there. I really don't know. I can just go by my trees performance. I was just shy of 300 lemons on my Myers.

I will look on the bag tomorrow.

o

Randy, are these in-ground trees?

Mike

o

I too use this fert...it's a time release granual. I had my parents pick up a bag of it when they were in FL 2 years ago and I am VERY glad I did.

Hey Josh,
You bring up some good questions. Questions I don't know the answers to but I do still fertilize with FP and white vinegar when I use the Sunnyland.

One word of caution. I would NOT recommend this fert to anyone due to the fact that it is meant for inground citrus and tropical fruit trees. The directions are not specific for potted citrus so you do take a big risk at over fertilizing but I just go with my "weakly weekly" practice, well I should say weakly, monthly..LOL!

I have seen awesome AWESOME results with this fert. Especially with my 'Maha Chinook' mango tree. In 2 years it grew from about 2ft to 6ft....in a pot, I think that's pretty good.

Josh, you should grow a potted mango! IMO, they are the EASIST tropical fruit you can grow.

Andrew

o

Mike yes they are in the ground.

o

Another good one is Vigoro Citrus, Mango and Avocado. It has the same # 6-4-6. Slow release PLUS minors. This one has directions for Containers on the package so I'm guessing its safe and I've used it on my Calamondin citrus in a pot.

I buy mine at Home Depot...

Here is a link that might be useful: Vigoro Citrus, avocado and Mango fertilizer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here