Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Citrus Rootstock Seedling trees-Calif

Posted by hoosierquilt z10a/23 Vista Calif (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 15:43

I'm going to try my hand at grafting for the first time, and will be ordering budwood in June from UCR CCPP budwood sale, and now need to find compatible rootstock seedling trees to graft to. I cannot find an online source anywhere, and I'm afraid I'll have to resort to starting from seed, which would mean I'd have to wait probably 6 to 12 months before I could graft to them. Does anyone know of a source to purchase rootstock seedlings? I did email Citrus Tree Source, so hopefully they'll respond to me. If I don't hear back, I'll try calling them. But beyond that, I'm at a loss as to where to find rootstock seedling trees in California (or a company that can ship to CA.) Can anyone offer any resources?

Patty S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Citrus Rootstock Seedling trees-Calif

I ordered liners from Citrus Tree Source last year - they were very willing to work with me on a small order and some credit card and shipping wackiness (on my end). Haven't ordered rootstock from them, but they're good folks and I can't imagine they won't get back to you.

o
RE: Looking for Citrus Rootstock Seedling trees-Calif

Thanks starlady, good to know. I'm also sure they can give me some recommendations on compatible rootstocks for the budwood I'm hoping to get.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here