Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Citrus Spring Flush...CLM free

Posted by puglvr1 9b central FL (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 15:43

I've been nursing my poor little dwarf satsuma tangerine for almost 3 months now...I've neglected it for a couple of years. The tree barely had any leaves and the ones that was on there were all ravaged by CLM's and had many issues with yellowing leaves...but this winter I made a commitment to really get this tree back on track...thanks to some great advise on this forum (you guys know who you are :o). I've been fertilizing often in "weaker" amounts and giving it lots of water . Its really paying off...lots of new growths and flowers too...but the best part is its fiist spring flush are CLM free, which I've read on a couple of articles are typical around here. Now I can start getting ready for the next growth flush since I won't be that lucky... those will not be CLM free, I have Spinosad and horticultural oil/Neem oil...and Bayer Advanced for Citrus if needed...I'll be ready for them,lol...

This is the tree today...nice and green Foliage, healthiest I've seen this tree since I planted it...

Thanks for all the help..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Citrus Spring Flush...CLM free

And also wanted to share a picture of my Dancy tangerine I planted 6 weeks ago...it too is CLM free and lots of new growths and flowers :o)

o

Very nice, pug! Your trees look fantastic. Healthy, and good to remove all that grass under them. Well done.

Patty S.

o

Thanks Patty ! You've given me so much help and great advise.

o

what's the white stuff under the tree?

o

Looks likely sandy Florida soil to me :-)

Patty S.

o

You are SO right Patty...that's exactly what that is...that's our native soil in central FL...sandy soil :o) our Citrus and Mango trees/tropical trees loves it! That's how we can have up 20" of rain in June or July and not worry about rotting roots :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here