Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recieved my order from four Winds Citrus today!

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 16:49

So today my package ariived from Four Winds. I was surprised at how they were pakacaged. They used 3 individual card board tubes. 1 for each tree.

Okay my 'Variegated Pink Lemon' is over a foot tall with 2 or 3 long branches. In another month or 2 I will cut these back to encourage good branching. I had read that this variety can grow tall and lanky. Pruning regularly is encouraged. The root ball can be seen thru the drainage holes of the long skinny pot. The pot is probobly a foot long and then 3 in. wide at the top.

My 'Page' mandarin is about 10 in. tall. Also same sized pot, but this tree is loaded with flower buds, and new branch and leaf growth.

My 'Kishu' is t he only tree I am concerned about. It's about 8in tall, and it also is loaded with flower buds. Actually probobly more than the 'Page'. These flowers are in clustes like my grapefruit tree. IT also has a lot of new branch and stem growth.

I noticed when I was removing the moistened bark that the trunk has a yellowish band around the trunk. That concerns me. I don't know what would cause this, and I hope that it dissapears on its own.

I did email Carrie at Four Winds to let her know about my 'Kishu'. Besides that I am very excited about these little trees. I can see the potential that they all have to grow and become very nice fruitfull trees. I know that they will give me years and years of enjoyment!

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recieved my order from four Winds Citrus today!

PICTURES! I need pictures LOL! I am living vicariously through you until I pull the trigger on my upcoming order. Did you get the 1 yo trees or the older ones?

So excited for you!

Alexa

o

I've always been impressed with their packaging. Yellow band? Possibly prolonged moisture from the bark and bleaching from lack of light to that area. Maybe planted a little too deep. I noticed mine the other day were quite moist and that the shaved bark was like a sponge. Both have so far weathered the transplant without any noticeable distress. In fact the limbs on the oro are sprouting new leaves. Good luck!
Rob

o

Yes, it will be just fine Andrew!

They sent one like that on my Calamondin and it went away.

Good for you! How did I miss this thread? I am so happy for you Andrew. I can't believe that your plants are in bloom like that. Lucky you and enjoy buddy!

Pics please..I know, I know..lol

Mike:-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here