Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginnie3126

Is it greasy spot or leaf oedema?

ginnie3126
10 years ago

Hi everyone,
I have been searching the web trying to find answers to this leaf drop problem. I have a Meyer lemon tree. It did well during the PA summer months. The tree flowered and did fine during the winter inside the house. I have the tree in front of a large sliding door to the back deck so there is plenty of light. My kitchen is very near and I boil water for humidity. I fertilize ( only now in early spring) w jacks citrus 20 10 20. I have mixed a bit of Epsom salt in water for mag. The tree drains well when watered and I only water until I see some drainage. There has been quite a bit of new growth and flowers. Sounds great right..,, well, not so long ago I noticed wormlike bugs in the soil. Some of these critters were like tiny tiny white worms and others had Antenna type things and crawled. I took a sample of the soil to my local garden center and I was told gnats. So I dried out the soil used an organic safe soap to spray. I have not noticed any bugs (and I do dig to check). However, soon after that my leaves started falling. The leaves appear on top to have dark green spots and the underside have brown spots. I found a similar pic on line and thought greasy spot. So I purchased a copper based fungicide. Now I'm hearing leaf oedema. I m trying to post pictures. So you can see. Half the leaves have dropped. I hate seeing the tree fade. Any help...

Comments (3)