Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with Minneola Tangelo

Posted by SeanPez 9 So CA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 19:45

Hi Friends,
Another day in the garden, and yet another problem to tackle! My tangelo tree was doing great, then all of a sudden, the leaves started to yellow and drop! I dont know whats going on, i am inclined to believe it was a water deficiency, but i wanted you guys to chime in also!
Thanks so much!

Your fellow gardener,
Sean

photo 20130303_163149_zpsed260289.jpg

photo 20130303_163309_zps75894186.jpg

photo 20130303_163302_zps446c1a9f.jpg
 photo 20130303_163250_zps4033aec4.jpg

photo 20130303_163240_zpsac888b4a.jpg

photo 20130303_163217_zps7f6849d5.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with Minneola Tangelo

I happened to look this up in reference to my own thread and might be able to help or at least offer my knowledge here.

The yellowing appears to be on older growth (as in full grown leaves not young new leaves) and they also appear to yellow near the tip first and work back to the stem which is exactly what is listed on this site as a a sign of nitrogen deficiency. Number 5 on the list if you go to the link.

Other factors can play a role here such as a very high or low pH which can determine how much of a certain element can be absorbed. Anyway, hopes this helps, personally I would get a test kit or have an analysis done on the soil to be sure. Be careful with fertilizers right now, a stressed plant can be easily burned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Health

o

Thank you so much! Very helpful website, and helpful post! I might have done more bad than good.. i fertilized it!!

I hope i didnt burn the tree!

Best,
Sean

o

Cooler weather compounds issues as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here