Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
princesspea_gw

new transplants in trouble?

princesspea
11 years ago

Hi guys,

I recently planted a couple variegated eureka lemon standards and a trellised meyers. They were great and healthy in the pots, lived through the great bay area freeze this winter (two nights at 32 degrees) in the garage. then it warmed up in February and we planted them out. No, not too deep, yes, in draining soil, a nice big home amended with recommended planting mix.

now all have yellowing leaves but tons of new flower buds. What gives? is it the unsettled winter weather? wrong to plant when blooming? bad dirt? too much rain? Hard water? high soil pH? there are also some mature lemons on our block with yellowing, but not oranges, they all look great.

Also, I have heard you should wait to warmer, settled weather to fertilize, is this true? I live in south SF bay area (san jose) there is a mature citrus in nearly every front yard in my 'hood.

Another thing, I wonder if anyone can tell me, how long do i need to wait to see a change in leaves from nutrient adjustment? is it only new leaves or will most leaves change?

as you can see from attachment, it looks like three different problems. yellow burned tips, yellow vein green leaf, and green vein yellow leaf. these are from the three trees, all in the same area.

so many questions, sorry. I asked the nursery but they just want me to buy fertilizer that has a picture of an orange on it, they don't really seem to know what is going on.

thanks my excellent citrus loving friends.

This post was edited by princesspea on Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 16:07

Comments (5)