Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcoffman_gw

Meyer doing well now but...

jcoffman
10 years ago

Hello all, Long time lurker here. I have learned so much from reading all these great posts, but I can't seem to find any info on my dilemma.

Last year Sept 13 I adopted a IML from Four winds. It arrived and my husband was like what the heck... Why is there a tree in my driveway. I was so excited. He proclaimed that I would never be able to keep this thing alive. Well needless to say...Here is Lucy almost a full excrutiatingly long cold north east winter later and she looks pretty good. Thanks to you all.

{{gwi:576938}}

Now... although she is doing well, my problem is this. I have a summer home in upstate NY. She lives with me down on Long island. I plan on moving her outside as soon as our weather breaks around here. But I will not be able to care for her (water etc) throughout the summer. Unless i take her with me. Kinda a litltle like a crazy plant lady. Packing up my plant and moving it north with me, (which you guys might say is my only option.) And I am definitely contemplating it lol Anyway. I have started to gather the materials for the gritty mix. I was planning on trying to transplant her and then hook her up to a drip hose system. Do you think that will work? Will she get to much water that way? I kinda read somewhere that its hard to overwater in gritty mix so i thought it might work. Especially in the summer heat.

Question number 2. I have four lemons on her now. Will i lose them if I transplant her?

I just started giving her the FP. But some of my leaves on the underside were turning yellow. Chloriosis maybe? The FP should help with that no? I have no pix of that but i'm pretty sure looking at others pictures thats what's going on there. And it make sense because she is trying to bear fruit, and hse had a flush of new leaves in the last 3 weeks. Now that I have the FP (I have only given her 2 doses) Ill give her time to respond.

Anyway I appreciate any advise.

Thanks Jenn

{{gwi:576939}}

{{gwi:576940}}

Comments (3)