Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shirly_gw

Hi! Jojo, are you there?

Junglajungle
13 years ago

Hi! Jojo, I was reading posting on making the gritty mix, and came across some of your posting and noticed that you live in Tucson Arizona; I want to know if you have made the gritty and where do you get the ingredients. I have citrus trees and want to place them in the gritty on November of 2011 I want get a head start gathering the ingredients. Thanks for you help

Shirly

Comments (4)

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hi Shirly...

Jojo has a been a bit under the weather, but I will pass this on to her.

It seems as if many here are doing a great job at guiding you to be successful with your trees.

It is a treat though for you to meet someone from your native area and to see how they fare with their trees too. Maybe she will be by soon..:-)

Mike

• Junglajungle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Mike.

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

HI shirly!
    I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here. As Mike said, i've not been up to alot.

Mike , thanks for looking out for me frined!

Shirly,
    yes, i'm in sunny Tucson. :-)
    What part of town are you in? I'm over by A mountian. :-)

I was able to find the pine bark fines and the turface at John Deere landscape co. on Ina road. They did have to order it in for me, but it only took about a week, and they were wonderful people to work with. I talked to a gentleman named John.
    Yes, it's sounds funny and i have to wonder if it is his real name. ;-)

I have not located a good source for grit yet. ;-( A million chickens in this town and not the right grit.. grr... But you can substitute it with perlite. Which I got a huge bag of at Home Depot. I also got the gypsum there.

The amounts change when using the perlite, so if that's what you choose , just let me know and I will find the info for it.

I plan to look around some more this week for the grit, and if I do find a good source I will let you know. My husband and son will be out of town, so I'll have plenty of time to make phone calls. ;-)

I have 4 tree's now that I hope to have in their new mix this coming weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than glad to help if I can. :-)

JoJo

• Junglajungle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi! JoJo I'm happy to know you are doing better, thanks for replying and sorry that I did not reply earlier my computer died on me and finally after 2 weeks I was able to get a new one also my girls have been sick.

I live in Peoria Arizona and have been trying to find the ingridients for the mix and you are right I don't find the pine barks or the grit but I will continue to search for it.

I have lots of Suculents and cacti that I would like to place in this mix and not tomention the citrus.

Thanks again and if I find a source for the above ingridient I will also let you know (the only thing is that we are almost 3 hours away from each other)

Shirly