Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinlmorris

moro orange wilting badly after transplant

Robin Morris
10 years ago

Hello,
I have had three citrus trees sitting outside happily in their nursery containers since November; I finally got around to repotting them this weekend.
I repotted the meyer lemon and kiefer lime on Saturday and the moro orange Sunday. I repotted them into gritty mix that has citrus fertilizer added. We (my DH and I ) carefully loosened and removed the soil from the roots; then we gently rinsed the roots with the hose and potted the trees. All the roots on the trees looked fine, so I didn't prune. I watered each plant very thoroughly.
We had a hot day today... it got up to 79 (hot for here).
The kiefer is in a shadier spot than the others and two days after repotting it is perky and happy. The Meyer gets a good bit of sun; it looked fine yesterday, but today had a few limp twigs. The Moro is the smallest tree of the three and it has full sun; tonight, only a day after repotting, it looked miserable... it is wilted. I watered it some more (although I don't think it needed it), but I am not sure what to do. The large container with the gritty mix is too heavy to move, and it is supposed to be 79 again tomorrow.
Do you think it is the heat/sun causing the wilting? Since I can't move the plant, should I cover it with something? If so, what should I use? I don't want to suffocate it, but I am afraid it won't live until Wednesday if I don't do something.
Should I worry about the meyer? it is mostly healthy looking and has 50 some blossoms...

Thanks for your help!
Robin

here is the moro right after planting; I will take a picture of it tomorrow morning in its wilted state.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH