Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best product to deliver trace minerals to Citrus?

Posted by PunkRotten 9b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 5:09

Hi,

I have two potted Citrus trees (lemon and lime) and every now and then they start showing yellowed leaves and sometimes leaves with yellow veins etc. Occasionally I mix some azomite in water and give them that or a little epsom salt. Is there something better?
Thanks, D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best product to deliver trace minerals to Citrus?

I think most folks use Dyna Gro's Foliage Pro, which has the best NPK ratio, plus the full compliment of micros.

Patty S.

o

You didn't say whether or not you are growing them in the ground or where you live...

Foliage Pro is a good choise for containerized trees and every other plant known.

That would be very helpful..

MIke

o

It says in the first sentence they are in pots. But I am looking for something organic if possible.

o

Seaweed concentrates and fish emulsion products contain a good spectrum of trace minerals.
Both of these can be applied as foliar sprays too.

o

Oops, your right..Ha..Shows you how tired or blind I was.

In the over 20 years I have been growing citrus trees, I have never seen anything organic do the job the way my potted trees need...
In fact, the sea weed and emulsions killed my plants in the past..The mix would become compacted and rotted over time and never really doing anything for my tree..They would turn even more yellow.

I hope you find something and if you do, please share.

Have a great night

Mike

o

And remember, all organic fertilizers are turned into non-organic absorbable compounds based on microbial breakdown. With container plants, they just don't have the same abundance of soil micro-flora that in-ground plants do. It's an entirely different growing environment than in-ground growing. SInce the product ends up being the same thing - absorbable inorganic compounds, you'll save yourself money and have far better results with a high quality non-organic product such as Foliage Pro.

Patty S.

o

I have had success using Ironite (12-10-10) in addition to the other fertilizers I use. I like to apply it in early spring, in time for first flush. Its glandular so twice a year is normally what I do.

o

If you want to stay organic, look for Espoma Citrus Tone; it is a bit pricey, but a very good product that has everything your tree will need.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here