Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzy11_gw

John and josh I would like your option please

Suzy11
11 years ago

A scratch test and pruning test was done on my tree. The scratch test showed some green, I am not sure how much. Do you think that the tree willl continue to grow and blooom?

Comments (7)

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    11 years ago

PICS PLEASE

• eahamel
    11 years ago

More details, such as what is it, how long have you had it, is it in the ground or in a pot, has it had a freeze recently?

• johnmerr
    11 years ago

Suzy, you've gotta give us something to work with. We can't give you any decent advice when we aren't given any photos or information. The deal I have with all my associate growers... send me a photo and an email describing the problem, and if I can't give you an answer, I will go there and look at it myself; coming from Guatemala, that gets to be a bit pricey for you.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

I assume this is the citrus that Suzy has been dealing with for quite some time. While I agree that pics would help, I think time is the only thing that will tell whether the tree will survive. If there was some green under the bark, there's still hope. Just have to wait and see if the tree grows new leaves.

Josh

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    11 years ago

Why not just wait. Time will tell To live or not to live. Don't worry destiny is already written.

Good luck

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    11 years ago

Suzi, if you post up photos of the tree overall, and then a few close ups, everyone can make a better determination of whether or not the tree has a chance. Citrus are remarkably hardy. I have an orchard behind me that had a row of trees that were stumped. No water except rain water. Almost all came back, and those that were stumped above the graft union are again producing wonderful sweet Valencias.

Patty S.

• Suzy11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok. The tree is not at home. I will work on the photo.