Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this what I think it is?!

Posted by krismast 6 S.E. PA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 12:52

I just noticed this bump on my Kaffir lime tree. Is this a flower bud? I hope so!

Kris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this what I think it is?!

You have got a lot of flower buds.

o

Yes.

Patty S.

o

Woohoo! I've had this tree for about 2 years now. Hope everyone in the northern areas can get through the next couple of days! I'm ready for some consistent warm weather and so are my trees!

Kris

o

Sure Krismast rub it in. You know a couple of inches of snow in the middle of winter is nothing but when you get it in the middle of April it's horrid. Do Kaffir flowers have a sweet scent like most citrus?

Brian

o

I'll let you know once it opens, I've been curious about that too. Our forecasters are calling for a possibility of a slushy inch or less tonight with a low around 25. I don't think my peach buds will survive, or the rest of my yet to bloom bulbs. So frustrating. I have had it with the weather this year. A lot of people planted strawberries over the weekend. Now they're madly covering them. All while it has been pouring rain all day. And of course as an amateur astronomer, I'm annoyed with the fact that the rain and cold moved in just in time to block the eclipse. Our creeks are overflowing. I'm ready for some normalcy, if it will ever come. Sorry just had to vent.

Kris

o

Yippy...

Oh, wait until the blossoms whaff in the air....

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here