Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
citrus trees unhealthy for months

Posted by markhamgarden bay area ca (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 13:47

hi there,
im trying to figure out what is wrong with my two citrus trees. One is a couple years older than the other and theyre planted 3-4 ft from each other. They have been looking like this for months - they both receive water from buried drop lines. Ive tried increasing and decreasing the amount and consistency of the water they get, to no avail. The leaves look sick - not really falling off, but yellowing and eventually turning brown or getting holes in them. Ive fertilized them with citrus fertilizer at the start of the spring (around 2 months ago) and nothing changed except it encouraged blossom production i think. Someone help me out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: citrus trees unhealthy for months

Well, if we could have photos of the trees, both the whole tree, then close ups, that would help. Are you fertilizing your trees and if so, with what, how much and how frequently? The damage I see looks like snail damage, do you have snail issues at your place? The LOVE citrus, and can do significant damage to a tree, especially a young tree. The leaf damages looks chemical to me. Or, possibly fungal. Have you sprayed your trees with anything? Do you have other fungal issues in your yard? Too much water can promote fungal growth, especially with our cool Spring weather. A few more photos of the actual trees would be very helpful.

Patty S.

o

i have leaf curl on a peach tree nearby, but no other fungal issues that i know of. definitely snail damage but something else. ive been using e.b stone citrus fertilizer for the last 2 years, every 5-6 months or so. http://www.ebstone.org/11_citrus.php. I havent sprayed the trees. Any leads or ideas would be very helpful. Thanks!

o

I think you tree as a whole looks nice!

I think Patty an expert with trees in your area and she has helped many. We will wait on her.

Patty, a special hello to you:-)

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here