Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
satsuma arctic frost

Posted by centexgardengirl 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 15:32

Hello all, I was at my local nursey today and came across Arctic Frost satsuma. Anyone tried this yet? In a container or in ground? How's the flavor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: satsuma arctic frost

There is such a variety called frost Owari. AKA standard Owari.I would guess the name Arctic frost satsuma is some play on words and its really your normal owari satsuma

o

Which nursery carried Arctic Frost? It is supposedly able to withstand 5 to 10 degrees (F) colder than other satsumas.

o

Thanks Ryan you are most likely right. @gcarrier I got mine at Hidden Falls Nursery in Killeen, TX. About $40.00 for a 3.5 gallon pot and very bushy. Good luck!

o

If I can figure out the photobucket thing I will post a couple of pics of it. Thanks y'all!

o

If I can figure out the photobucket thing I will post a couple of pics of it. Thanks y'all!

o

Arctic Frost is a new release:
http://www.gardendebut.com/arctic-frost-satsuma.php

This company supplies Hidden Falls Nursery in Killeen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arctic Frost

o

How did it turn out so far?

o

I have Arctic Frost in a container in zone 8a. Its great. It's sweet with a little tart aftertaste. Very memorable, and everyone who tastes it loves it. Pretty much seedless. We'll see how it does this winter. I hope to plant it out next spring on the south end of the house along with a Thomasville Citrangequat that will be further out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here