Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now my lemon is dropping leaves, about 1/2 are gone :-(

Posted by melle_sacto Z9/Sunset 14 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 17:13

I posted earlier about my Meyer Lemon that I thought was doused with some type of weed killer. Now it is starting to drop a lot of leaves, many that are still green. Additionally, a lot of the leaves are turning yellow but still on the tree. It's still flowering like crazy.

What can I do, would it be better to prune the tree and clear away all the debris, or should I leave it alone and wait?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now my lemon is dropping leaves, about 1/2 are gone :-(

leave it alone and wait

o

Did u talk to your neighbor To see what in the hell they did to your tree.
Trace

o

I asked the new tenant today; he said was that the landlord told him they would talk to us about taking care of the vine, and that now it is no longer growing on their side of the fence. The tenant said that he told the landlord he didn't want to move in w/the vine growing all over b/c it was covered in bees. I wish I had known that it was a major problem on their side, it didn't seem that bad on my side but maybe that's b/c I was keeping it more maintained.

At any rate, he claimed to be under the impression that it had been worked out between the landlord and us. I'm not the best with confrontation, and if he honestly wasn't involved (other than wanting it gone before moving in) I don't blame him.

o

True damage is done I would contact! Land lord to find out what they sprayed I would explain how they damaged my lemon trees. In all honestly the land lord should pay for your tree damages. But if u don't want a confrontation then just find out what they put on it. If we know we might can help your tree recover better.
Trace

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 1:38

o

they complaint about bees?????
i'm very sorry you have to live next to such ignorant people.
i hope your lemon tree will recover soon.

o

Agreed. Only 7 yr olds or seriously allergic people should be concerned with bees. I garden all the time with bees inches from my hands...never been stung that way. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone. I've heard africanized swarms can be aggressive, but then again, how many of us have africanized hives hanging off our shrubs and trees??

Misunderstanding the role and importance of bees now may have absolutely earth-changing consequences on our food supply and quality of life in as little as 15-20 yrs. Time to wise up.

o
Update!

I wanted to give an update -- a happy update!

I left it alone per Johnmerr's advice. Eventually all the bad leaves fell off and the branches either died back or started to show new growth. At that point, I removed anything clearly dead.

After the new growth, the tree even flowered some more. So wait and see was the best approach!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here