Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssmdgardener

Same disease/pests affecting Meyers lemon and bay trees?

ssmdgardener
11 years ago

Last week, I picked up a healthy, mature bay tree in a container from another gardener. I have no idea what kind of soil it's in, but it was extremely full and healthy. It's kept in the front of the house.

Yesterday, I noticed that some of the by leaves had yellow spots (more like a yellowish discoloration in the middle of the leaf), and some of the leaves were black. It was almost as if the leaves had first turned yellow and then black. I pruned out all the diseased parts.

Today, I saw that the dwarf Meyer lemon I purchased about a month ago, situated on the other side of the house, is having similar issues. About 5 of the leaves have the exact same yellowish discoloration. I pulled them out. I saw no black leaves.

What could be causing this? I couldn't take a picture due to rain, and all the diseased leaves have been thrown away.

I carefully studied the Meyer lemon, which is in Al's gritty mix, and all I could see was a spider.

I'm assuming both problems were caused by the same source, since the yellowish discoloration was exactly the same on both plants. Thanks for your help!

Comments (6)