Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssmdgardener

Same disease/pests affecting Meyers lemon and bay trees?

ssmdgardener
12 years ago

Last week, I picked up a healthy, mature bay tree in a container from another gardener. I have no idea what kind of soil it's in, but it was extremely full and healthy. It's kept in the front of the house.

Yesterday, I noticed that some of the by leaves had yellow spots (more like a yellowish discoloration in the middle of the leaf), and some of the leaves were black. It was almost as if the leaves had first turned yellow and then black. I pruned out all the diseased parts.

Today, I saw that the dwarf Meyer lemon I purchased about a month ago, situated on the other side of the house, is having similar issues. About 5 of the leaves have the exact same yellowish discoloration. I pulled them out. I saw no black leaves.

What could be causing this? I couldn't take a picture due to rain, and all the diseased leaves have been thrown away.

I carefully studied the Meyer lemon, which is in Al's gritty mix, and all I could see was a spider.

I'm assuming both problems were caused by the same source, since the yellowish discoloration was exactly the same on both plants. Thanks for your help!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH