Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you think this tree will pull through?

Posted by HeyJude2012 10b/24 CA (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 1:43

Hi everyone-just so you know...I am highly embarrassed at what has happened to my trees. I bought this tree and a satsuma tangerine in the winter of 2012. They were my first trees purchased. The only gardening experience prior was some tomatoes, cucumbers and snow peas in the ground. I am now in a house with a cemented patio and while I have a tiny patch of open ground where a hot tub was supposed to go, there is absolutely no place to put a tree unless its in a pot.

I had used pebbles in the bottom of the pots and they must have moved when I put the potting soil in because the hole had gotten covered. My poor tree was drowning. Does it look like it will be okay? I had repotted it 2 weekends ago and there are leaves starting to grow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you think this tree will pull through?

Close up. This is a Meyer lemon BTW.

o

Give it a couple of weeks. I think it will be fine.

o

Thank you Dave!

o

Re-opening an old post. A little over one year later...This is my Meyer lemon tree. It did pull through however, I had a family emergency at the end of September that only now is finally under control. My poor tree got water and a few handfuls of citrus fertilizer here and there and I need to get on the ball here and take better care of this tree. The leaves are a mix of green, yellow/green and new dark green. There are so many bald looking branches. Do Meyers generally look like this??? It's loaded with fruit so I don't know what if anything I need to do. Feed it more?

o

Wow, for the amount of growth and fruit, it didn't waste any time getting back into shape.

o

Not embarressed now, right?

I can't believe all that fruit on such a small plane...Just goes to prove that LOTS of sunlight and warmth can do wonders mixed with fertilizer and a good mix..

Nice

MIke

o

Meyers with that much fruit tend to look like that. Feed it more; and after that give it more food; and be sure the NPK ratio is 3-1-2 with Mg, Ca, Fe, and Zn.

If it were mine, I would start harvesting those lemons; not necessarily all of them now; but as you can use them.

o

Thank you guys! I appreciate the advice. I'll start with the fertilizer and start using some of those lemons.

I tried to post a picture of the back side of the tree yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here