Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dwarf lemon tree

Posted by plantgnome (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 9:58

I have a potted dwarf lemon tree about 2 years old, was wondering how many seasons before it bears fruit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwarf lemon tree

Well, it depends on a lot of things, plantgnome. First off, we don't know where you reside, your "My Page" is not filled out. You can add your location and zone(s) (Sunset zone is very helpful if you're in the western part of the USA). Also, is this in a pot or in the ground? How much sun is the tree receiving? How frequently are your watering and fertilizing and what fertilizer are you using? How large/old was the tree when you purchased it? If you can give us this info, we can make a better educated guess. Without that info, then it's a bit of a wild guess. I would say in a year or two, but without knowing the above, hard to guess any closer than that.

Patty S.

o
RE: dwarf lemon tree

I live on Long Island, NY My question says it is a potted dwarf lemon tree-it is supposedly a dwarf Meyer Lemon tree. The tree receives 4-5 hours of full sun each day. (when the sun is out) I water when the top 1 inch of soil is dry and I fertilize every 2 weeks with Dr. Earth Fruit tree fertilizer. I think the tree was only about 1 year old when I got it in October 2011. It was about a foot tall. Unfortunately I purchased this from Guerneys, which didn't say how big it would be at shipping time nor how old it was. I should have gotten a bigger tree from a different site. It has put on about 6 inches of growth since I planted it, but barely has any branching just a lot of foliage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here