Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Meyer Lemon!

Posted by ianrwesley zone9b, FL (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 10:35

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my fruit? I have a couple pictures that show how the rind of the fruit gets progressively worse.

Thanks for the help,
Ian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Meyer Lemon!

I was hoping someone would answer you as I am no expert. If that were my tree I would look at the disease "citrus greening". It is a real problem in FL, so much so that you cannot export citrus out of the state right now. Google it or check with your county extension agent. Good luck!

o

Wesley,
It looks like Canker. There are some pics of leaves, trees and fruit with the disease on the site that the link below will take you to. The research will tell you what was done with a particular product called K-Phite and some citrus with Canker. The product is a fungicide and an absolute organic remedy. (isn't THAT refreshing)

The bacteria that causes the Canker is easily spread by every conceivable way.
Mercy and compassion to you.
Brass

Here is a link that might be useful: K-Phite and Canker

o

The gentlemen are exactly right. You have diseased plants and need to get rid of them immediately. it will only spread the disease more.I would say burn the plants as burying them might still spread the infection. I dont know,the correct answer but you do need to take action.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here