Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally found Citrus at Lowes AKA I think I'm obsessed

Posted by bgtimber75 MD, zone 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 12:00

So this time last year I didn't have a single Citrus plant. I had given up long ago since I had killed every one I tried previously. Anyhow I was in Florida on vacation and picked up a Key Lime from a local Home Depot and brought it north with me. I repotted it with some information I read here, didn't bare root it though which I'm going to have to rectify later this summer. It barely made it through the winter but it did make is. This spring I've picked up:
Meyer Lemon
Calamondin
Variegated Calamondin
Ponderosa Lemon
Meiwa Kumquat
all from Almost Eden Nursery

After that I decided to get:
Washington Navel
Trovita Orange
from Four Winds

Thought I was done but on vacation in Florida again this year I got a Valencia Orange from a road side stand.

This all brings me to yesterday I was at Lowes to pick something up and noticed that had several citrus varieties. I just had to get:
Minneola Tangelo (which I had become obsessed with getting the past few weeks)
De Nules Clementine

They also have a Limequat that I'm now thinking I need but I'm trying to fight the urge on that one.

So in the span of a year I've gone from none to 11 Citrus plants. Now I'll just have to find room for them in the winter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally found Citrus at Lowes AKA I think I'm obsessed

sounds like a great collection, post some pics we love to see them.

not to be a Debbie Downer, but you arent suppose to export citrus out of florida.

o
RE: Finally found Citrus at Lowes AKA I think I'm obsessed

Yeah I know you're not supposed to export them, well I didn't know when I purchased that first Key Lime.

It's funny though, with the latest trip down there I flew and I was nervous about bringing it back on the plane. The lady at the stand said it wouldn't be a problem and I even went as far as call the airline and the airport and both said that it didn't matter that it was a citrus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here