Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lime123_gw

A possible help for citrus leafminers and caterpillers

lime123
9 years ago

I just read all the posts regarding the citrus leafminers and thought this might possibly be of some help. I have not experienced citrus leafminers but have had a real, yearly, problem with leafminers on other plants. This year I tried a product from Garden's Alive (garden'sAlive.com). It is a company that researches and sells organic products. What I used was Bull's-Eye bioinsecticide, and I have had absolutely no leafminers to date. I checked the directions and found that for citrus, it can be used for katydids, leafminers, thrips, and caterpillars. It states that it does not significantly impact beneficial insects. What happens is that within a couple of hours after the item is sprayed, the problem insects stop feeding. The one item that I found a bit strange about this insecticide is that it has a 'maximum number of applications per season,' a 'minimum number of days to wait before reapplying' and a' minimum number of days to wait from last applicatin to harvest.' For citrus, the 'maximum number of applications per season' is 6, the 'minimum number of days to wait before reapplying' is 4, and the 'minimum number of days to wait from last application to harvest' is 1.
So, I can't really say if this is the answer to your problems, but I have found it a welcome surprise for my leafminer problem.
Patricia