Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Citrus Outdoors Partying (post pics!)

With the weather improving in many parts of the world, and with the last Citrus Party Thread nearing
its post-limit, I figured I'd start us off afresh with a Cinco de Mayo salutation! Hopefully we can see some
select pics of your Citrus partying outdoors :-)

Here's my Moro blood orange in full bloom...

Josh

{{gwi:586184}} {{gwi:586185}} {{gwi:586186}}

Comments (14)

• yakkwak
    10 years ago

Smiling Seto Satsuma sitting in sunshine!

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

Posted by poncirusguy micro(zone-6.8,ahs-8 (My Page) on Sun, May 5, 13 at 9:38
    My citrus have started the party out doors.
    Nagami kumquat in very bad shape but I believe it will live.. It is marked with the flying baseball cap.
    {{gwi:586187}}
    the crown marks my sweet lee tangerine tree. It was on its death bed then and is doing very well since planting there.
    The large tree below is my seed grown meiwa kumquat tree. In the process of moving it in and out I dropped it once and forgot to put in the spacer and burned the trunk with the light bulb. It has lost 1/3 of its leaves and shows no signs of growth
    {{gwi:576584}}
    the smaller tree is a seed grown nagami kumquat. It is doing very well.

{{gwi:586188}}
    3 happy sweet lee tangerine trees from seed in bottomless gallon food tins. above picture. Below is the view from the roof top of the three sweet lees
    {{gwi:586189}}
    I had placed 3 sweetlee trees and a nagami kumquat tree in the community garden. Squirrels dug 3 sweetlee trees and the nagami up, one was replantable but died. the seed grown nagami was in critical damaged and was moved on to the roof as seen in the flying baseball cap. All four trees were very un happy not because the were grown from seed

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/wreristhechimney/slideshow/Seed%20grown%20Meiwa%20kumquat%20tree

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Finally we have a 10 day forecast without a freeze predicted. I moved mine out but it was getting to late to photo. I'll come back and add a photo to this post.

all the citrus
    {{gwi:586191}}

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Mon, May 6, 13 at 9:52

• meyermike_1micha
    10 years ago

Hey josh, what a great idea and what a beautiful tree:-)

I guess I shall have to add some pics once I get a chance. Wow, all those blooms. Great job!

Mike...Well what do you know?! I had just asked you to post some pics of yours somewhere here and here you are! Wow, after such a long winter, just wow!
    Is that a Mango tree you have there? I just got one.
    Doesn't feel just ducky to be able to keep them all outside now?
    It's as if you can hear them saying THANK YOU!

Poncirusguy..Very nice! I also love the flying cap..lol

Yakkwak...I can seem them smiling too. Very nice.

Mike

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Hey mike. good to hear from you. It sure is nice to get the plants out in the fresh air. That is a mango. its actually a seedling from a store bought fruit that I started about 3 years ago. I just love the color of the new leaves. It may never make great fruit but it makes a great looking tree.

See you later.
    Mike

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, guys and gals! Mike and Mike :-)
    It really is nice to have these big plants outdoors again. We had half a day of rain, so all my plants are flushed and rinsed of pollen from the oak trees.

Mike, we look forward to your party pics.

Josh

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

I now have all my citrus parting on the rooftop
    {{gwi:586192}}
    {{gwi:586194}}
    {{gwi:586196}}
    {{gwi:586197}}
    {{gwi:586199}}
    {{gwi:586201}}
    {{gwi:586203}}
    {{gwi:586204}}
    {{gwi:586205}}
    Click on any picture to expand in photo bucket to 8 megapixel with tree description.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Howdy! Thanks for bumping this, Poncirus!
    Looks like some slugs or earwigs are partying on those last plants, too ;-)

Here are some of the tiny fruit that set on my Moro. I give the branches a gentle shake now and again
    to knock free the loose fruit. Hundreds of fruit set, but I'm aiming for about 6 - 10 to remain.
    {{gwi:586206}}

And here are my Pomelo seedlings. One of them was nibbled by earwigs, so I decided I'd chop that
    one down to see how much branching would develop. The taller of the two Pomelos is still pristine,
    so I left it tall and proud.

{{gwi:586207}}

{{gwi:586208}}

Josh

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

Party is raging towards climax. pics please

{{gwi:118684}}
    Sweet lee left nagami right

{{gwi:118685}}
    16 month old meiwa comes back

{{gwi:118686}}
    Poncirus trifoliata in 5 gallon bucket

{{gwi:118687}}
    2, 20 inch sweet lee trees

{{gwi:118688}}
    in ground sweet lee

click on any picture to oprn photobucket then click on magnifying glass once then once again for 8 megapixel pic

• meyermike_1micha
    10 years ago

Hey Josh!!! Well I finally got around to a couple of pics and by the way, I love all your trees including, yes, your Hoya!

Here are a couple of mine...

My Navel Orange Tree

{{gwi:586209}}

My Oro Blanco Tree

{{gwi:586210}}

Hope you are doing well these days and not dehydrating to death on the weekends you are working pal. Drink up!

Mike

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, Mike! Thanks, and thanks for the latest pics...really fine specimens you have! I'll take some new pics today, if I can. It continues to be hot, although this weekend we're cooling into the mid-90F's...what a relief, eh? ;-)

Josh

Original Author
    10 years ago

Duplicate message...sorry about that!
    But here's a (hard to see) pic of my Citrus partying on the back deck. Not very impressive, but things'll lush up once the hot weather breaks in September. Today I'm going to top the variegated Eureka lemon.

This post was edited by greenman28 on Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 22:19

• serge94501
    10 years ago

My citrus are not partying...they look like they are waiting for the bus to county lockup! I have to mix up some 5-1-1 and first repot a big sad fig tree and then will get these three musketeers into good soil and bigger pots. They've been here maybe 2 weeks. From left to right: Kaffir lime, Seedless Kishu mandarin, and Meiwa kumquat. They're ready to party, though!

• User
    10 years ago

This is one of the larger ones from the collection. It's a 'Valencia'. Had it for many years now. Will post more pictures later.

(In general, I would say that they have been slower to really perform this year. There was a cold Spring, then a lot of clouds and rain in June. A lot of July was just too hot for optimal growth plants. Now, I am hoping that sunnier, moderately warm, and drier conditions will turn things around.)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor