Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Citrus Outdoors Partying (post pics!)

Posted by greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 15:32

With the weather improving in many parts of the world, and with the last Citrus Party Thread nearing
its post-limit, I figured I'd start us off afresh with a Cinco de Mayo salutation! Hopefully we can see some
select pics of your Citrus partying outdoors :-)

Here's my Moro blood orange in full bloom...

Josh

photo DSCN2691.jpg  photo DSCN2690.jpg  photo DSCN2692.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Citrus Outdoors Partying (post pics!)

Smiling Seto Satsuma sitting in sunshine!

o

Posted by poncirusguy micro(zone-6.8,ahs-8 (My Page) on Sun, May 5, 13 at 9:38
My citrus have started the party out doors.
Nagami kumquat in very bad shape but I believe it will live.. It is marked with the flying baseball cap.
Nagami kumquat under cap.  sweet lee tangerine  under crown photo IMG_4356_zpsfe0ae170.jpg
the crown marks my sweet lee tangerine tree. It was on its death bed then and is doing very well since planting there.
The large tree below is my seed grown meiwa kumquat tree. In the process of moving it in and out I dropped it once and forgot to put in the spacer and burned the trunk with the light bulb. It has lost 1/3 of its leaves and shows no signs of growth
nagami annd meiwa together outside for summer photo IMG_4361_zps04feb5bf.jpg
the smaller tree is a seed grown nagami kumquat. It is doing very well.

sweet lee tangerine trees from seed in bottomless gallon food tins photo IMG_3704_zpsad321790.jpg
3 happy sweet lee tangerine trees from seed in bottomless gallon food tins. above picture. Below is the view from the roof top of the three sweet lees
south side side of house photo IMG_4352_zps8defb2c9.jpg
I had placed 3 sweetlee trees and a nagami kumquat tree in the community garden. Squirrels dug 3 sweetlee trees and the nagami up, one was replantable but died. the seed grown nagami was in critical damaged and was moved on to the roof as seen in the flying baseball cap. All four trees were very un happy not because the were grown from seed

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/wreristhechimney/slideshow/Seed grown Meiwa kumquat tree

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Sun, May 5, 13 at 22:37

Finally we have a 10 day forecast without a freeze predicted. I moved mine out but it was getting to late to photo. I'll come back and add a photo to this post.

all the citrus
 photo IMG_20130506_063305_771_zpsf341b7c7.jpg

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Mon, May 6, 13 at 9:52

o

Hey josh, what a great idea and what a beautiful tree:-)

I guess I shall have to add some pics once I get a chance. Wow, all those blooms. Great job!

Mike...Well what do you know?! I had just asked you to post some pics of yours somewhere here and here you are! Wow, after such a long winter, just wow!
Is that a Mango tree you have there? I just got one.
Doesn't feel just ducky to be able to keep them all outside now?
It's as if you can hear them saying THANK YOU!

Poncirusguy..Very nice! I also love the flying cap..lol

Yakkwak...I can seem them smiling too. Very nice.

Mike

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, May 6, 13 at 21:47

Hey mike. good to hear from you. It sure is nice to get the plants out in the fresh air. That is a mango. its actually a seedling from a store bought fruit that I started about 3 years ago. I just love the color of the new leaves. It may never make great fruit but it makes a great looking tree.

See you later.
Mike

o

Hey, guys and gals! Mike and Mike :-)
It really is nice to have these big plants outdoors again. We had half a day of rain, so all my plants are flushed and rinsed of pollen from the oak trees.

Mike, we look forward to your party pics.

Josh

o

I now have all my citrus parting on the rooftop
Treo of 7 partying out doors on the roof top photo IMG_4479_zps7f5c4353.jpg
 photo IMG_4487_zpsaa892e74.jpg
Top of meiwa seed grown leafing back out after accident after accident photo IMG_4480_zps3848f27f.jpg
sweet lee top nagami below photo IMG_4485_zps5617284b.jpg
sweet lee tangerine #3 photo IMG_4484_zps8c9ae961.jpg
sweet lee tangerine #2 with new growth photo IMG_4483_zps96c9f479.jpg
seed grown sweet lee tangerine adding leaves photo IMG_4482_zps649a32a9.jpg
nagami kumquat tree from seed, new growth photo IMG_4481_zps4f1a8cfa.jpg
nagami kumquat photo IMG_4486_zps4e5aed21.jpg
Click on any picture to expand in photo bucket to 8 megapixel with tree description.

o

Howdy! Thanks for bumping this, Poncirus!
Looks like some slugs or earwigs are partying on those last plants, too ;-)

Here are some of the tiny fruit that set on my Moro. I give the branches a gentle shake now and again
to knock free the loose fruit. Hundreds of fruit set, but I'm aiming for about 6 - 10 to remain.
 photo DSCN2892.jpg

And here are my Pomelo seedlings. One of them was nibbled by earwigs, so I decided I'd chop that
one down to see how much branching would develop. The taller of the two Pomelos is still pristine,
so I left it tall and proud.

photo DSCN2923.jpg

photo DSCN2925.jpg

Josh

o

Party is raging towards climax. pics please

2)  nagami kumquat right,  sweet lee tangerine left photo IMG_4502_zpsdcf94de0.jpg
Sweet lee left nagami right

3)  meiwa kumquat tree among sweet potatoes photo IMG_4503_zpsf7f25afb.jpg
16 month old meiwa comes back

4)  Poncirus trifoliata in 5 gallon bucket photo IMG_4499_zpsb79c6991.jpg
Poncirus trifoliata in 5 gallon bucket

5)  Sweet lee tangerines in bottomless gallon food tin photo IMG_4501_zpsc6c02638.jpg
2, 20 inch sweet lee trees

6)  Sweet lee tangerine in ground photo IMG_4500_zps1180a735.jpg
in ground sweet lee

click on any picture to oprn photobucket then click on magnifying glass once then once again for 8 megapixel pic

o

Hey Josh!!! Well I finally got around to a couple of pics and by the way, I love all your trees including, yes, your Hoya!

Here are a couple of mine...

My Navel Orange Tree

photo DSCF4394_zps9bb4ef63.jpg

My Oro Blanco Tree

photo DSCF4405_zpsdeeb6c3a.jpg

Hope you are doing well these days and not dehydrating to death on the weekends you are working pal. Drink up!

Mike

o

Hey, Mike! Thanks, and thanks for the latest pics...really fine specimens you have! I'll take some new pics today, if I can. It continues to be hot, although this weekend we're cooling into the mid-90F's...what a relief, eh? ;-)

Josh

o

Duplicate message...sorry about that!
But here's a (hard to see) pic of my Citrus partying on the back deck. Not very impressive, but things'll lush up once the hot weather breaks in September. Today I'm going to top the variegated Eureka lemon.

This post was edited by greenman28 on Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 22:19

o

My citrus are not partying...they look like they are waiting for the bus to county lockup! I have to mix up some 5-1-1 and first repot a big sad fig tree and then will get these three musketeers into good soil and bigger pots. They've been here maybe 2 weeks. From left to right: Kaffir lime, Seedless Kishu mandarin, and Meiwa kumquat. They're ready to party, though!

o

This is one of the larger ones from the collection. It's a 'Valencia'. Had it for many years now. Will post more pictures later.

(In general, I would say that they have been slower to really perform this year. There was a cold Spring, then a lot of clouds and rain in June. A lot of July was just too hot for optimal growth plants. Now, I am hoping that sunnier, moderately warm, and drier conditions will turn things around.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here