Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yakkwak

Another Picky Meyer Lemon

yakkwak
10 years ago

Seeking input, please, about one of my Meyer lemon trees. This particular one has some leaves toward the center of the plant that are yellowing. I've noticed that the yellowing has worsened recently. About two +/- months ago, I switched to Foliage Pro (w/vinegar) at each watering. The potting medium is the original - a mixture of pine chips and soil. I did not repot it when I did my other citrus to 5-1-1 as I was afraid to lose the nice fruit on it. I was hoping it could wait. It did get potted up just a tad recently (about 1-2 inches more in diameter) - with pretty much the same type of soil it was in. The tree is about 4 1/4' tall. Thanks to this forum, it is watered per the "weekly weakly" approach when the soil starts to dry. It is a patio tree with southwestern exposure, and gets supplemental fluorescent lighting in inclement weather. Do the yellow{{gwi:807}} leaves mean I have to repot now? If so, how might this impact the fruit? I don't know how to post multiple pics so will add pics in below messages.
Thank you very much!

This post was edited by yakkwak on Sat, May 4, 13 at 11:16

Comments (5)