Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mohammadlawati

After The Miner Infestation This!! Help!!

MohammadLawati
9 years ago

Hello everyone!
Yeah I just finished from a major miner infestation that came from my neighbours which about all of them have citruses...
Now this weird thing attacks new shoots of growth and ruined my orange and lime. The new leaves turn brown and stop developing then the tip falls. I spray the pesticide which kills insects but it does not affect this!! I tried cutting the affected parts and destroying them which proved useless. Now I don't know what to do. Tried to wash them off which did nothing major, they keep coming back and too much pressure destroys the new growth.
I need help to identify this and to know what methods can rid my trees of this menace which looks ugly too.
Here are two pictures from my lime:

{{gwi:586907}}

{{gwi:586909}}

Any help is appreciated.

Comments (8)

• keithdphan
    9 years ago

looks like ACP (asian citrus psyllid) not CLM

• brettay
    9 years ago

Yes, unfortunately, those pictures could be in a textbook as an example of an ACP infestation.

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    9 years ago

Classic ACP. I would make sure you are treating at least twice a year for Asian Citrus Psyllid as well as CLM. I would also contact your local ag agent, and find out if your country is watching for Citrus Greening, as the ACP is the carrier of this dreaded disease.

Patty S.

• jean001a
    9 years ago

info re Asian citrus psyllid

Here is a link that might be useful: Asian citrus psyllid

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow this is crazy...
    This is a big problem for my other trees.
    The gov Wont do anything and is busey farming fish... and if they were providing services I wont put myself through the hassle of playing the waiting game with them I can do it better. Ill show the images to some experts today to get the means of stopping this thing from spreading.
    Thanks everyone!!

This post was edited by MohammadLawati on Sun, May 25, 14 at 1:30

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    9 years ago

Mohammadi, that's not the issue. Controlling the psyllid is reasonably easy. Controlling the disease they can carry, which is deadly to citrus, is not. That is what you need to contact your ag agent about - does your country have Citrus Greening? You need to know that. While waiting for the ag agent to respond, check out Jean's link. You can treat your trees with Imidicloprid (systemic treatment) every 4 months to control both psyllids and the citrus leaf miner, BUT, you need to have your ag agents come out and set traps for the psyllids and have the psyllids tested to make sure they're not carrying the Citrus Greening disease.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Citrus Greening

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Patty,
    Thanks for the reply. My country does not have ag agents for home owners. Yeah I have seen some black fruits on trees in another location far from where I live... I will contact someone in a nursery for more information. They are about 30 minutes driving distance. I think I will cut all new shoots and some branches just to be sure. Thanks for the link will try to do my best.

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Killed them HAHA!
    Thanks everyone!