Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rough lemon seeds

Posted by Boris83 none (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 17:23

Hi all, great forum! I'm living in the Netherlands, growing and grafting citrus plants in pots in my garding. I've been looking for seeds of the rough lemon, citrus jambhiri, recently. Does anybody know whether I can order some seeds on the internet? Thanks in advance for your help!

Boris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rough lemon seeds

wow! That's funny! I just bought a rough lemon at an Herb Faire here in SC. I had never heard of them and was just getting ready to find out about this plant. If I get seeds - I'll send you some!

RuthAnne in SC

o

That's awesome! It should grow fast and the fruits have many seeds. Let me know when the plant starts fruiting.Thanks a lot!!

Boris in The Hague, Holland

o

I think the EU might frown on you sending uncertified seed into Holland; that is if you don't get a visit first from the APHIS people who sometimes monitor these sites... especially this citrus site, now with all the HLB scares.

o

That's absolutely correct, RuthAnne and Boris. One MUST be very careful about shipping plant parts of any kind across borders and across the ocean.

Boris, you need to research the internet and find a source that is licensed and certified to ship citrus seeds to you.

o

sorry - never thought about that.....Is it a true citrus? I was told that I could plant it outside here in zone 8a. I'm just going to pot it up for now. It has huge thorns! I won't be shipping anything anywhere - I promise!

RuthAnne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here