Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify my yuzu tree pest

Posted by c1trus953 9 (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 19:34

We live in sunny California and recently planted yuzu tree in our backyard. Right away we notice that the new leaves are eaten by pests. Originally we saw ants and we sprayed the tree. Ants are gone but something still eating my yuzu plant and the orange tree next to it. Mostly just the new leaves. The yuzu tree is small - maybe 3 feet high. The orange maybe 6 or 7 feet.
I've been watching the plants and see no evidence of caterpillars, leaf miners, or snails. We do have snail food as bait around the plants.

What could possibly be the culprit? Thank you in advance. Would love to post more pictures if needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify my yuzu tree pest

Earwigs???

o

With earwigs, are they obvious with naked eyes? I've not seen them. I am not having any luck seeing the pests in my trees.

Saw this (attached pic) on my orange tree leaves, which is next to my yuzu - not touching. Could these what's making holes on the leaves of both my yuzu and orange trees? Thanks.

o

Looks to be some sort of mite; you can treat with horticultural oil, or neem oil if you prefer. That is not what is chewing your leaves. If it is earwigs, you can find them on the ground under wood, leaves, etc. They do most of their damage at night, so you may not see them during the day on your plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here