Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orangelime1

Attached clipping on mandarin

orangelime1
10 years ago

I everybody I need your help . Has anybody out there tried growing a clipping that was attached to any kind of citrus fruit and how did it work out for you ? A couple of weeks ago I was in the supermarket and there was a sign that said clementines from Spain they had these beautiful green clippings attached to them . I ended up buying 6 of them for a total of $ 1.50 they were on sale . I brought them home and removed the clipping and made a fresh cut on the stem then dipped them in rooting hormone and voila one of them I think took . I see a small leaf coming from we're the very last leaf fell . The other stems look still green but no leafs . I watched a video on growing cuttings with a plastic bag over the pot with an elastic around the bottom of the pot to keep the humidity in . It worked I hope because it was an extremely if not the best mandarin I have ever tasted. I just kind of wish I knew what type it was because I have tasted clementines before and definitely to me did not taste like that. To me it tasted like a cross between the old fashioned dancy and a honey mandarin . Is there such a cross? I am really excited . I just hope it makes it . Here is a picture of fruit and leaves. Fruit has a reddish orange skin and the leaves to me do not look like clementine leaves . I have a nules clementine and the leaves are very narrow. Any help would be appreciated in the identification and I am really curious if anybody else has tried this . Thank you

P.s they are extremely juicy an they peel easily and have no seeds.

Brian

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996